Signed in as:
- Town Gardens
- Photo Galleries
- Art & Flowers
- Garden Tour 2023
- Rockport Tree Tour
- Artists in the Gardens
- My Account
Signed in as:
Do you know of a public space in Rockport that could use a new look?
Would you like to share your gardening expertise in a formal way?
How about launching a community service project to benefit other Rockporters?
If so, please consider applying for an RGC Community Projects grant.
After two cycles of Community Project Grants we’ve learned that the fall is preferable for recipients who want to execute projects in the spring. As a result there will be a cycle this fall for projects taking place in the spring of 2023. Going forward there will be an annual cycle each fall.
Grants will be made to fund projects benefiting the town of Rockport and aligning with one or more Garden Club objectives to:
● stimulate the knowledge of gardening among amateurs
● aid in the protection of native plants and wildlife
● encourage civic planting and beautification
● participate in service to the community
● promote cooperative work in ecology and conservation
Only groups comprised of club members may propose projects.
Applications will be due October 7, 2022, and selected projects will be communicated in early November.
The Community Projects committee will review proposals and select projects that make a visible difference in town and or benefit many Rockport citizens.
Once awarded grants will be administered as described below:
● Each recipient will sign an award letter and be assigned a project liaison.
● Community Project Grants are paid through a reimbursement process.
● Recipients get reimbursed by submitting requests with receipts for completed work or purchased supplies.
● The Rockport Garden Club will pay:
- Suppliers (by check or through an existing club account )
- Team members (by check)
● Payments will be made 21 days or less after an expense report is received electronically by the assigned liaison.
● A brief report will be required upon project completion.
Fall 2022 Schedule:
August 30 - Email announcement and request for applications.
September 7 – Zoom meeting to present the program and answer questions.
September 16 – In person Garden Club meeting – reminder, live Q&A
October 7 – Applications due
October 8-19 – Committee review and outreach to applicants.
October 20 – Committee recommendations sent to board members
October 31 - Board to review and vote on recommended proposals
Nov 1– Summary sent to the membership
Nov 4 – Membership to vote on the recommended proposals
The Community Projects Committee